CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scare

So last Friday (Feb. 19th) I got up to use the bathroom in the morning. **TMI FYI** I wiped and there it was...my worst fear...tinged reddish/pink/brownish toilet paper. **End TMI**
I tried my best not to panic. Dave was already at work, and my parents were on the way to my place so I could drive them to the airport. So I calmly, yet quickly, called the pre-term labor nurses. They asked about cramping...nope, contractions....nope. She had me lay down for an hour, check for contractions and she would call me back. So that is exactly what I did. Nothing. Whew...
She called back, I reported my non-findings. She advised that it could have been old blood from when I was first bleeding in the pregnancy. WOW....that stuff really hangs in there!
So I was told to go on bedrest for 24 hours. I told her I had to drive my parents to the airport...I was told, drive them there, drop them off and come back home and get into bed. So that is exactly what I did. Nope...I didn't tell my parents what had just happened. They were on their way to vacation, I didn't want to spoil or worry them.
So I finally told my husband on the way home from the airport. He was at work and I didnt want to worry him either.
The rest of the day was well, spent in bed. I had no other issues and haven't seen then. I was super spoiled. Dave catered to my every need. Lucky me. I was brought a yummy lunch and a terrific dinner. He even got the wireless working so I could lay in bed and still surf the web!
So that was my scare....and I will be happy with no more of them...thank you very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

** DISCLAIMER **

Just a note that portions of this blog may be graphic. This has been a long journey, and keeping a detailed record is important to us. So if you are queasy, there may be parts you need to skip over. Also, any decisions regarding our children, the pregnancy, parenting ideas, are something that we consider carefully. If we decide to share them on the blog, please be cautious of criticism. We fully intend to research ideas thoroughly that we are thinking about.
We are excited to share this wonderful journey and welcome you along for the ride!!

Thanks! :)