CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cycle Day #1

So I was on birth control for 2 month prior to starting our IVF cycle. It was to regulate my period. On July 21st (Happy bday honey) I started what would hopefully be my last period for quite sometime!

We went into get our baseline ultrasound (u/s). Everything looked good. I was to start my meds the next day.

Dave also gave his "information in a cup".  So we could see where we stood.

The next day Dr. G called and confirmed that we, indeed, did need to use a process called ICSI. In lame terms, instead of "nature taking its course in the dish" , Embryolosits would "assist" the little guys by gently placing them into the egg.

This was hard for me to comprehend and I was a bit nervous to tell Dave. Yet, he was relieved. "At least he knew", he said. Well...now who is the positive thinker now!

Next step was to take the egg retrival class

No comments:

Post a Comment

** DISCLAIMER **

Just a note that portions of this blog may be graphic. This has been a long journey, and keeping a detailed record is important to us. So if you are queasy, there may be parts you need to skip over. Also, any decisions regarding our children, the pregnancy, parenting ideas, are something that we consider carefully. If we decide to share them on the blog, please be cautious of criticism. We fully intend to research ideas thoroughly that we are thinking about.
We are excited to share this wonderful journey and welcome you along for the ride!!

Thanks! :)