CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 23, 2009

2.5 hours

That is the amount of time we spent in the ER last night. We had yet another scare. Around 1130pm I noticed a bit of spotting. By 12 it was flowing out of my body. It was a terrible feeling. We called the clinic Dr. G was on call. Technically we have been graduated out, but since we haven't seen our OB yet, we called the clinic instead. Me told me to watch it and if it kept bleeding to go to the ER. Otherwise, come in the office tomorrow to be seen. Well by 1230 or so I had soaked through another pantyliner. Super scary. So off we went to the ER. While I was being signed in I could feel more just gush out of me. I went to the restroom and sure enough!! They brought me right back and did a pelvic exam. My cervix was closed! The first of the good news!! Now we just waited for the OB Dr. to come down and do the ultrasound. They did the abdominal ultrasound this time. Sure enough, two little babies with two tiny heartbeats sat snug and warm inside me.
WHAT A FREAKIN RELIEF!!! We were able to get out of there by 330am and back home to rest by 4! What a night.
I was still bleeding (and still bleed as I type this). But it is definitely less and I am not soaking through anything. I called the clinic again this morning, just to make sure they didn't want to see me. The nurse advised me that as long as I saw the heartbeats I am in good shape. Really if it was a vessel or a cyst that burst I just have to let it run its course. So scary as that was, and frankly still is, everything has turned out blessed. I know and trust that this pregnancy is fully in God's hands. He will keep our children safe and make the best decisions for them until the time that we get to hold them in our arms.
The OB Dr also reassured us that since we have seen the heartbeats the chance of miscarriage is very low for us. It is still that little percent the scares me. I just pray for an uneventful remainder of the pregnancy!

1 comment:

** DISCLAIMER **

Just a note that portions of this blog may be graphic. This has been a long journey, and keeping a detailed record is important to us. So if you are queasy, there may be parts you need to skip over. Also, any decisions regarding our children, the pregnancy, parenting ideas, are something that we consider carefully. If we decide to share them on the blog, please be cautious of criticism. We fully intend to research ideas thoroughly that we are thinking about.
We are excited to share this wonderful journey and welcome you along for the ride!!

Thanks! :)