CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

A year in review...
What a year it has been! So many words to describe what this year has meant and been for me. The year that I prayed for year after year. 2010 the year I would have my twins. My family.
Heartache for when they came early and fear for the same reason. Hope for a healthy future, or at times, a future at all. Faith that God would know what the outcome would be and Trust in His plan.
Happiness for the day that I finally had my babies home. Exhaustion for all the sleepless nights. Frustration for trying to "make it all work". Elation for those first smiles. Excitement for growth.
Pure Bliss for being able to hug and kiss them on a daily basis. Compromise within my marriage. Understanding from my husband, even during those "not so understandable" times. Support from my family. Challenges from the NICU to routines at home. Embracing my new role as mommy. Joy that my babies are here and living.
There is not enough words in the English language to describe how my heart feels when I see my children. It is truly almost as incredible as the day that I married my husband. Though this year has been a wave of emotions and a crazy roller coaster ride, I wouldn't change it for the world. We are blessed that God has been working in our lives and allowed us the privilege of being parents to Libby and Sawyer.
So tonight we ring in the New Year. We begin 2011. A year of new milestones. A first birthday to celebrate. I am so excited to see what the future holds and forever grateful that I have the opportunity to enjoy every moment that shall present itself.
So to complete 2010, instead of raising my glass, I shall tip toe into the nursery to stare at my miracles, knowing that 2010 will be a year I will never forget but looking forward to all that the new year will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

** DISCLAIMER **

Just a note that portions of this blog may be graphic. This has been a long journey, and keeping a detailed record is important to us. So if you are queasy, there may be parts you need to skip over. Also, any decisions regarding our children, the pregnancy, parenting ideas, are something that we consider carefully. If we decide to share them on the blog, please be cautious of criticism. We fully intend to research ideas thoroughly that we are thinking about.
We are excited to share this wonderful journey and welcome you along for the ride!!

Thanks! :)